Babies have multiple hurdles to good sleep but by the time they reach their first birthday they’ll be Level 5 Sleep Wizards and y’all will be sleeping like sloths from there on.
HAHA…no. Children are growing, learning new skills, have changing sleep needs, etc. and as such what worked one day might not work the next. Parenting is aiming at a moving target. In this episode Ashby and Elisabeth break down some of the big kid sleep stumbles that can creep up on you as your baby gets older.
- Reasons why your toddler is struggling to fall asleep at bedtime
- Strategies to deal with nightmares and fears of the dark
- The value of rewards
- Moving to the big kid bed
- Making the entire bedroom into a crib
- Why Elisabeth has a box with candy in it in her son’s bedroom (whut?!?)
- When kids stop napping
- Using a toddler alarm clock
- Moving your child out of the crib
- When your kid won’t stay in the crib
As always, feel free to share any questions or comments regarding this podcast with [email protected]. You can find this and all of our other episodes at: