What You Need to Know to Diagnose Your Child’s Sleep Struggles EP 6
This podcast is essential listening. Full stop. If you want to figure out why your child isn’t sleeping this podcast is going to provide the foundation in sleep to diagnose your specific issue.
The world is awash in baby sleep advice. You probably have 3 baby sleep books in your home as of this second. This is the 5th baby sleep website you’ve visited today (YES I KNOW YOU ARE CHEATING ON ME, I’VE MADE MY PEACE WITH IT). Facebook groups, Babycenter, Reddit, etc. we are drowning in resources providing us with insights into our baby sleep woes.
Put them down for naps every 90 minutes. Pick up, put down is a lifesaver! It’s definitely a sleep regression! Probably teething? Maybe they need more exercise. Have you tried cutting out all products with sugar? Push bedtime earlier. Later. Nurse more! Nurse less! Offer a bottle! Put rice cereal in the bottle! The answer is co-sleeping!
No. The answer is that you need least a general understanding of how sleep works, biologically, so you can wade through the piles of advice to figure out which applies to your particular situation.
This podcast will provide you with a crucial understanding of sleep including:
- How sleep develops from birth into a more mature sleep pattern around 5-8 months.
- How nap sleep works and how it’s different from night sleep.
- Why wake times are crucial and how to use them to maximize naps.
- What is object permanence and how it’s keeping you up all night.
- How to identify the sleep association that is leading to night waking.
- Why “wait it out” doesn’t work.
- How to use light exposure to help your child sleep better.
In a nutshell, it’s everything you need to wade through the oceans of sleep advice and accurately identify which applies to your particular situation.